Free Poker Tips & Advice
Here’s a list of general poker tips and advice. This information is provided free for your enjoyment, entertainment, and education.
- The two most popular poker games are 7 card stud poker and texas holdem, but texas holdem is way more popular than 7 card stud poker.
- If you can play “by the book”, you’ll make more money playing omaha than any other poker game. Most omaha players are terrible.
- Learn to play at the free play money games online before trying a game for real money, just so you get a feel for the action.
- Play within your bankroll. Divide your bankroll by 200–that will give you the amount of the big bet you can afford to play. So if you have $400, you should be playing $1/$2.
- Take breaks to rest and eat. Hungry, tired players lose money.
- Don’t get drunk. Drunk players lose money too. (I can vouch for this one myself.)
- Understand the difference between tight play and loose play.
- Understand the difference between aggressive play and passive play.
- Play tight, aggressive poker with loose, passive players as much as you can.
- Don’t show your cards unless you’re in a showdown. This means keeping your cards low and not showing them accidentally, but it also means not showing your cards when everyone folds. Don’t give anyone information, because in poker, information = money.
- To be a profitable player, you not only have to beat the other players, you also have to beat them by enough of a margin to cover the cardroom rake.
- Study books by David Sklansky.
- Don’t worry about whether or not you had a winning session. Focus on whether or not you played correctly. Focus on the process, not the results.
- Don’t let anyone intimidate you, not even Phil Hellmuth.
Click here for more gambling advice.
- Turn Card Poker
- Tournament Watch
- Play Winning Poker
- Poker Blog
- Poker Affiliate Forum
- Online Casino Gambling
- Tournament Chaser
- Texas Master